Tuesday 3 May 2016

Ratchet & Clank PS4 - My Game of the Year (so far)

I've recently been working through Ratchet and Clank for the PS4, and I have to say that thus far it is my game of the year. I know it's only early but its been a long time since I've had this much fun with a game so I will not be surprised if at the end of 2016 it is still a contender for my top slit! It's part remake, part reboot, part movie tie-in, and for something that could have came out as a complete disaster - it is absolutely spectacular.

The gameplay is pure, unadulterated, fun. It's simple, addictive and rewarding - with great controls, interesting enemies, and best of all - a huge selection of unique weapons. This game also looks amazing - the screen shots are of actual footage and it honestly continues to blow my mind. It is hands down the best looking game I have ever played.

The story is also great though nothing revolutionary, but it ties in nicely to the movie of the same name (in cinemas now), and features some really sharp, witty dialogue with humor that had me laughing out loud more than a few times.

All in all, I cant recommend this enough. I am not finished quite yet - still  a few hours of game time to go, but it has thus far been one of the best gaming experiences of recent memory!








No comments:

Post a Comment